Netgear WiFi routers are those networking devices that help users to use the fastest internet services in your home. These routers are easy to install. So, if you have purchased a WiFi router and you want to connect it with your modem, then you can take help from this article.
Here, you will go through a Netgear router setup process. In this installation process, you will get to know how to connect your router to modem via Ethernet cable. After that, we add one more section, which help you to complete the setup process that is adjusting the settings and networks.
But, first you have to follow some of the troubleshooting tips, before and while doing the installing Netgear WiFi router. So, let’s start it without wasting any time.
Troubleshooting Tips: Netgear Router Setup
Down written troubleshooting tips will help you to complete your Netgear router setup without any technical error related to router or your home network.
- Don’t place your Netgear WiFi router close to any electronic devices, because these devices can cause network interruptions.
- Never use damaged cables like Ethernet cable or power cord to make a connection and supply power to WiFi router.
- When you reach at the accessing the interface stage, then you should use the computer or any other wired connected internet device.
- Use an updated version of the web browser to get access to the web interface.
- Also, disable the antivirus and ad-blocker just for while adjusting the settings and network of the router.
So, these are the troubleshooting tips you must follow before starting the Negear WiFi router setup. Now, have a look on some more sections to know the answer to the question ‘how to install your Netgear WiFi router’.
Hardware Linking: Netgear Router Setup
Here, we will get you through the hardware linking between the Netgear router to your home modem.
- Simply, place your router close to the modem and connect it through an Ethernet cable.
- To connect it via cable, you just have to find WAN port of the router and LAN port of the modem.
- Just insert the cable to the located ports, and turn on the router and modem.
To turn on the router, just plug in the power cord into the connector port back on the modem and insert it into the wall socket, and press the power button.
Now, you have to access the web interface via your computer, you can take help from this down written section.
Adjusting Settings: Netgear Router Setup
Adjusting or updating the settings and networks is most important task to complete, if you want to use your router at its best. Take a look on some easy steps how you can reach the router interface to manage settings.
- Link a computer to your router via LAN cable.
- Go to web browser and search login URL routerlogin.net or IP address 192.168.1.1.
- Reach the interface login page, here type in the admin as the username and password as password.
- Now, hit the Enter key from your keyboard and you will be taken to the interface dashboard.
On this dashboard page, you will easily adjust your WiFi settings and networks. Also, this is the end of the Netgear router setup.
The End Paragraph
Here we have come at the end of the article, where you have learned how to setup Netgear router within some easy steps. We have started the article with simple to apply tips that that you should follow before setting the router up. Then, we have added hardware linking and adjusting settings sections to complete Netgear router setup at the end of the article.